Start the New Year with a photoshoot
New Year Photoshoot
Everyone should start the New Year with a photoshoot. In this article, we will talk about why everyone should book a New Year Photoshoot.
I used to hate being photographed
You probably would not believe me when I tell you this but I used to hate being photographed. As a matter of fact, when my sister was getting married, I was a teenager then, I got forgotten about during the family photo and I was too shy and scared to say anything. So I watched my family, my parents, my mom, and my siblings get photographed for the family portrait without me. Yes, I heard about it later. As a matter of fact, from the entire wedding, I made it only into 2 photos out of the hundreds that were captured.
Being photographed used to make me feel very uncomfortable. It’s like, what do I do with myself? How do I stand? Where do I put my hands? And then the focus is solely on you as everyone waits for you to settle into yet another uncomfortable pose only for you to have to do it all again because you totally hate the way the photo came out.
It's not a skill one is born with
This is why I relate to my clients now when they tell me they hate being photographed. Who does? Many people feel this way. Some compare it to going to a dentist. It’s something you have to do, it’s good for you, but you still hate doing it.
You know, the funny thing is that the reason for this hate and uncomfortable feeling is that you don’t know how to best stand to look good in photos. That’s it. That’s all of it. Nobody has ever told you how to stand and how to pose yourself to always look good in photos. It is not a skill one is born with either. It takes training and practice. And it takes a professional to direct you on the other side, i.e. a professional portrait photographer.
My main job, aside from controlling the light and capturing the photo, is to direct you to capture the best photo of You. And this, my dear, is why they pay me the big bucks. It literally is my job to make sure you look good in photos.
Let's start the Year 2022 with a photoshoot and here is why
So why would I recommend you start your New Year, especially 2022, with a photoshoot? Here is why.
- Taking an activity you usually hate doing and turning it into your best asset is the best way to conquer your fear
- The year 2020 and 2021 have not been the best for many of us, why not start 2022 with a fresh new look and amazing photos of yourself? How does the saying go, How do you start the New Year, that’s how your entire year will go? So let’s do it with a bang.
- A photoshoot with me will give you incredible photos of yourself YOU will be proud do share. And I can guarantee you, you will get plenty of comments back from your followers and friends. Guaranteed!!!
- What will these comments also give you? A boost in confidence. YOU look good. YOU are admired. YOU will be popular. YOU will have people wondering who you are and want to connect with you. YOU will feel like you can do anything.
- Plus, if you own a business, these photos will help market your brand and sell your products. Amazing, right?
- Oh yes, and I can guarantee you that you will have a fabulous time being photographed. It is actually a lot of fun!!! Trust me on this 🙂
- And what does a person do when they have a boost in confidence? Their world suddenly makes sense. Things go right. Life happens for you and not against you. Some of my clients have made major life changes after being photographed by me. People start to appreciate you and love you for having the courage to be you. It’s an incredible feeling.
- And imagine it’s all your doing. All of this happens because you took one step and did something you don’t normally do. So what are you waiting for? Let’s book your photoshoot.
I did my own photoshoot to inspire you
To act on my own suggestion, I did my own photoshoot last week. I booked a makeup artist, she did an incredible job, by the way, below is her info if you are interested. And I captured self-portraits of myself to show you how fun it can be. And to start my 2022 right. And, I looooove my new images 🙂 I can’t wait to capture yours too 🙂
About Allie Serrano
My name is Allie Serrano and I am the owner of Allie Serrano Portraits, LLC. I was born in the heart of Europe in the Czech Republic. It is a land filled with rich country, history, and romanticism, a place where things are handcrafted, one-of-a-kind art, heirloom antiques are created and celebrated. This world continues to influence me to this day. As a little girl, I loved playing dress-up with my sister. I grew up having read hair and I was bullied for that. So, it is not surprising that today as a portrait photographer I have a burning desire to lift the confidence in everyone I meet, to change the world through beautiful portraits, to impact the world around me, and to tell the stories of the most incredible people I meet along the way. I can’t wait to meet you and tell your story with a portrait